Our fifth-grade celebration at Craig’s Cruisers is coming up this Friday, May 26.
- We will leave school at 9:45 AM and arrive at Craig’s Cruisers Wyoming location shortly after 10:00 AM.
- Lunch at Craig’s Cruisers buffet is included for students.
- We will leave Craig’s Cruisers to return to school around 1:30 PM.
- Morning attendance numbers will be used to determine the number of paid activities. Students should report to school in the morning and ride the bus to and from Craig’s Cruisers.
- Other school groups will be at Craig’s Cruisers, so please have your child wear his or her Georgetown fifth-grade t-shirt.
Those of us who have seasonal allergies have noticed that this spring has been exceptionally challenging. When we are at camp, we are outside in the woods and fields all day. In past years, students who don’t typically suffer from seasonal allergies have experienced symptoms while we’ve been at camp. If your child is at all prone to outdoor allergies, we’d encourage you to send appropriate medication. You will have an opportunity to update your med form tomorrow morning if needed.
Camp Reminders/Check-In Procedures
- Bring a sack lunch with your child’s name and teacher’s name on it.
- Your child’s name must be clearly marked on luggage, sleeping bag and pillow. Masking tape works really well for this.
- All medication must be in its original container.
- Any cash brought to camp to purchase items at the camp store will be your child’s responsibility.
- No electronic devices. (Other than cameras)
Check In/Check Out
- Drop your child off between 8:45 and 9:00 at the circle drive in front of the school. PLEASE do not arrive earlier. We need to allow time for K-4th-grade students to arrive using the normal drop off procedures in the circle drive.
Look for your child’s teacher upon arrival on the sidewalk by the circle drive.
✔ Check In– Your child’s teacher will check them in for attendance.
✔ Medication drop-off– This will be done with your classroom teacher. You will leave any medication (with completed medication sheet) to be administered at camp with them.
✔ Lunch Check In– A volunteer will check for a teacher & student’s name on the lunch and place your child’s lunch in the appropriate box.
✔ Tagging Luggage– A colored tape will be placed on your child’s luggage to help identify it upon arrival at camp.
✔ Luggage Drop Off– Luggage will be given to volunteers to load and take to camp.
After you have gone through the check-in procedures please escort your child to the playground where they will be supervised until we leave.
Plan to be at Georgetown Elementary at 7:00 PM on Friday, May 19 to pick up your TIRED camper. 🙂
- Important papers went home yesterday and will come home this today, Thursday:
- Red note to come home regarding pick up arrangements for when we arrive at school after camp on Friday, May 19. Please fill out this sheet and return it by Tuesday, May 16.
- Pink course selection sheet from the middle school. Please fill out and return it to your child’s teacher by Tuesday, May 16.
- If you plan to visit while we are at fifth-grade camp, please notify your child’s teacher by Tuesday, May 16. Please include the time you plan to arrive (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- On Friday, May 26, the fifth-graders are off to Craig’s Cruisers to celebrate their time spent together at Georgetown Elementary. We are in need of many chaperones for this fun trip. We would like to invite you to sign up to chaperone this fun trip we’ve arranged. Please click on the link below to sign up if you are able to help out.
5th Grade Celebration Sign Up
Last Thursday a study guide went home with your child for the social studies test on Unit #6: Revolutionary War. The test is this Thursday, May 11.
I have also set up an internet game for your child to study the information on-line in a game format. We have issues keeping the same code to access the game, however, I think I found a way to keep the same code for until after our testing date. So, here is the link to the website to access the game and the code needed to enter.
Click here to go to an online practice test.
- On Friday, May 26, the fifth graders are off to Craig’s Cruisers to celebrate their time spent together at Georgetown Elementary. We are in need of many chaperones for this fun trip. We would like to invite you to sign up to chaperone this fun trip we’ve arranged. Please click on the link below to sign up if you are able to help out.
5th Grade Celebration Sign Up