On Monday, May 20 some of our kids will be leaving to enjoy a Whitecaps baseball game while the rest of us will be back at Georgetown doing different activities.
To make our day a bit more fun we decided to make Monday “Beach Day!” So bring in those beach towels, sunglasses and sunhats! We will be spending some time outside!
- Watch for a camp information/schedule note that will be coming home on Monday, May 20th.
- Please have any medications for camp placed in a ziplock baggie with your child’s name printed on the baggie. Thank you.
- Just a reminder that drop off time for your camper is on Wed. morning at 8:45 by the front doors. We need to have the paper turned in letting us know who will be picking your child up on Friday. Then pick up for your tired camper will be at 1:45 on Friday afternoon by the front doors.
Whitecaps Game: Monday, May 20 the safeties are headed to the Whitecaps game that begins at 11:00. We will be leaving school around 10:15. Parents are welcome to join their son/daughter on the bus or drive separately to the ballpark. There is a chance of rain on Monday so please watch the weather to determine what is the best attire to wear to the game (raincoat, sweatshirt, etc). Safeties also need to bring some money for lunch because food can not be brought into the ballpark. Don’t forget to bring your ball glove because you might be lucky enough to catch a foul ball. Please email Mr. Gort (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
We are still in need of parents willing to volunteer or donate items for our 5th grade celebration on Wed. May 29th. Please click on the links below to donate a few hours of your time for this memorable event or to donate an item for the kids to enjoy! Thank you in advance!
- Click this link to sign up to bring a food donation. Welcome to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: Food Donations
- Click this link to bring you to the place you may sign up to volunteer your time! Volunteer
- A sack lunch note will be coming home for the students that want to order a sack lunch for Field Day. Field Day is Tuesday, June 4th.
- Look for a camp pick-up note to come home on Monday. Remember camp is from Wednesday, May 22 to Friday, May 24. We want the kids to come to school after all the other students have arrived and made it to their classroom; so make arrangements to drop your child off in the turnaround of the school on this day. Pick-up will be about 2:00 on Friday.
- Hudsonville Field Day T-Shirt forms are due May 17th. Students should have received the red forms this week from the PE teachers.
- 5th Grade Celebration is May 29th. Follow the links and check out the earlier blog post for more information.
Click this link to sign up to bring a food donation. Welcome to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/R6UAZ4
Click this link to bring you to the place you may sign up to volunteer your time! http://vols.pt/rBAsiU
Science: We are headfirst into our unit on Force and Motion. We have worked on defining, describing, and graphing motion. We have also worked on measuring speed by doing data collecting experiments with the use of tape measures and stopwatches.
ELA: This week our kids will begin their rough draft based on the research they have done in Social Studies. Each student will write an opinion piece from the point of view of either a pre-revolutionary Patriot or Loyalist.
Math: In math, we have started our unit on metric conversions and understanding volume by studying cubes and prisms.
Social Studies: This week we wrapped up our research using primary and secondary history sources describing the major events that lead up to the Revolutionary War. We will wrap up our study of history this school year discussing the Revolutionary War.
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy! Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Yvonne Clark firstname.lastname@example.org and she can sign you up manually. We are so blessed to have so many parents willing to help with our school activities!