Mrs. Ball and Mrs. Burdis’ classes will be having a S.S. quiz on Thursday over Native American regions. Check with your child to see if they are reviewing for the quiz. 🙂 What will they need to know?
- Identify the 7 Native American regions on a map
- Name one way the Southwest Native Americans adapted to their environment and one way they modified their environment.
- Name one way the Northwest Pacific Native Americans adapted to their environment and one way they modified their environment.
Understand these ideas about Eastern Region Native Americans:
- They traded to survive more successfully in their natural environment
- The region had a variety of natural resources: forests, rivers, farmland, marshes, woodlands, hills and mountains, etc.
- They adapted to their environment by being part of a family and a clan.
- The 5 nations were in conflict until they formed a confederation. (Iroquois Confederation)
- They believed that you couldn’t own the land, you could only use it.