Wow! 4 days of 5th Grade in the Books!

Your children have done an amazing job transitioning into 5th grade.  I am so impressed with each of them.

We are running behind in sharing our Talents, but that is fine., We will roll that over into next week.  It might take us until Wednesday to finish up, but I don’t want to rush our time getting to know one another. 🙂

Your children are doing a great job of helping each other, receiving and processing a great deal of new information,  and being patient as we come together as a 5th-grade class. 

Have a relaxing weekend. Cross your fingers that the humidity passes and the temperatures drop a tad.  🙂  

What to Expect Next Week?

• A reading log to come home each day. Our class has already been practicing filling out our daily reading logs and I told the kids that they should have 100 minutes read by Monday.  If they have their log filled out and their 1OO minutes read they will earn 5 SMILE BUCKS on our first Monday together!!!  
  • A daily AGENDA to be filled each day with homework for the day highlighted. You can always check our AGENDA from the heading AGENDA at the top of the classroom blog. Reading homework will not be highlighted each day, it is a weekly expectation.  We had an opportunity to practice filling out our AGENDA  twice this week., if your child shows you their filled out AGENDA and you sign it, they will receive 5 SMILE BUCKS!!  
  • Math homework will be Monday-Thursday. Watch for this to come home as a paper copy with the word REMEMBERING at the top, or sometimes an assignment requiring internet access will be assigned, such as Moby Max, Study Island, or TenMarks. If internet access is an issue please contact me so I can make arrangement for your child. We will ease into the on-line homework. 🙂 

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Kburdis@hpseagles.net