What’s Coming Up!- Week of January 8

Welcome Back! It was great seeing all the kids today. Please read carefully some changes we have in our homework expectations.

Homework Changes

• READING– Beginning today we will NOT have a reading log that the kids will need to fill out to meet their reading goals. They will still need to be reading 100 minutes a week, but I no longer will require them to fill out a log.
  • MATH– Beginning this week the kids will have a weekly homework assignment on Study Island. They can access this program through the CLEVER app. Once on Study Island they will have 20 questions that they will need to complete by Friday morning. They can do it over the course of the week or all at one time. Whatever works best for you and your family. If the kids have questions about the math you are more than welcome to assist them. The kids are familiar with this program and how to use it. If you have any questions, please just email me so I can guide you through.
  • MATH– MobyMax is still required Monday-Thursday for five minutes each night. We currently have a group that the kids can strive to join called the Fabulous Fact Fluency Finishers. Once your child has complete all four operations at 100% fluency they will be included in this group and be EXCUSED from 5 minutes of MobyMax as homework. I will continue to have all kids practice fluency here at school. 🙂

Writing- Adding text features to our Person Expertise nonfiction writing, along with writing our introductions and endings..

Reading- Informational Reading.

Spelling- Week #16; This week’s study feature is Long O Vowel

(o_e, oa, ow, and old)

Math- Unit #4- Multidigit Addition and Subtraction

Social Studies- History of the Three Fires