- Our field trip to DeGraaf Nature Center will take place on Tuesday, February 13. Please make sure your child is dressed warmly in snow pants, coat, boots, hat, and mittens to take part in snowshoeing.
If you are joining us on the field trip, please arrive at DeGraaf Nature Center around 9:30 am. The address is 270 S. River Avenue Holland, MI 49423 Phone: 616-355-1300
- Our Valentine party will be Wednesday, February 14th from 2:30-3:30. We will be decorating bags in class to exchange Valentines. Class List for Valentines.
If you volunteered to donate items, please send them in as soon as possible. There are a few spots left if you would still like to donate/volunteer. Valentine Party Sign Up Thank you so much!
- Thank you, everyone, who have already donated extra tissues and disinfectant wipes for our classroom.
We are in the midst of the time of year where we are most likely to spread viruses to one another, so I’d like to be able to wipe down our student tables each day to keep the kids as healthy as possible.
If you haven’t and would like to still donate all donations are greatly appreciated. 😷 🤒 Please help me to keep your kids free of sickness!
- Reading-Read 20 minutes five times a week.
- Math Study Island- Assigned on Mondays and due by Friday morning. If your child is unable to complete this assignment at home, they will need to stay in during a recess period to complete it at school.
- MobyMax is still required Monday through Thursday for 5 minutes unless your child is in the Fabulous Fact Fluency Finishers. Click on the photo on the right of the blog to see our finishers. I will also continue to have all kids practice fluency here at school.
Writing- We are revising our Realistic Fiction Stories.
Reading- We are wrapping up our first book in our Series Book Clubs and will start our second this week. When reading our second book our goal is to compare and contrast how the main character has grown and/or changed.
Spelling- Week #20. This week’s study feature is long vowel review unit. (ow, ew, ight, ay, ey)
Math- In Unit 5 the kids will be learning to navigate and solve one and two step word problems using all four operations (+, -, x, ÷).
Social Studies- Our unit on Michigan History is wrapping up this week. We needed a few more days after our Winter Break to cover the requirements that Michigan faced to become a state. A study guide will come home on Tuesday and the test will be on Friday.