Week of March 26

Four short, but busy days this week and then we’re off for a week. The kids have been buzzing about their spring break plans!  I hope you all have so much fun!! Whether you are traveling or staying home, be safe and enjoy this time with your children.

HomeworkI will not be having the kids do a Study Island Homework until further notice. Please have your child continue to practice facts on Mobymax every day for 5 minutes. 

We are watching and talking about the March Madness tournament. We took the time last week to fill out brackets. I told the kids if ANYONE picked the winner of the tournament that I would treat them to a pizza party. We are all rooting for one of these three teams to win.

Math: We will be testing on unit 6 on Tuesday. This unit consisted of geometry concepts as well as area and perimeter. 

Writing: We are finishing up our literary essay unit. The kids will also be reading an opinion article and writing an opinion piece for a test grade this week.

Social Studies We will be wrapping up our unit on Michigan government. When we return from our break we will review and have a unit test.

Reading: We have started our biography unit.