Week of April 9

Welcome back! I hope everyone enjoyed their time with family and friends over our break.

I told the kids before the break that everyone would have a chance to share what they did over break.  I mentioned that if you sent in a few pictures of something they did I would share them with the class and they could talk about them. If you can please send in 2-5 pictures for your child to share with their classmates of whatever you did over our break. If you don’t have any special pictures, that’s fine too! Your child will still be able to share. 🙂

Miscellaneous:

• Hurray!  Someone picked Villanova to win the March Madness tournament. We will be having a pizza party for the class, on me! Watch the blog for more details.
  • Thursday, April 12 is Jet’s Pizza night. Tell them you are from our class when ordering your meal to earn the opportunity for a pizza party.
  • Early release is on Friday, April 13, dismissal is at 12:15.

Writing:

• Beginning our second informational writing unit

Reading:

• Homework-Read 20 minutes five times a week
  • No Study Island until after M-step
  • Continuing to read biographies

Spelling:

• No weekly spelling tests for the remainder of the school year. We will be focusing on spelling features with word sorts and other activities based on our class needs. Progress will be tracked by assessments done in class.

Math:

• Homework-MobyMax is still required Monday through Thursday for 5 minutes unless your child is in the Fabulous Fact Fluency Finishers.
  • Unit # 7- Explore Fractions

Social Studies:

• Review for the unit test coming home on Tuesday
  • Final assessment on Government will be Monday, April 17