- The Walkathon is this week and is our primary fundraiser for the year!! The goal is for each student to raise $30.00 to support Georgetown’s PTC. Our PTC supports many different extra school activities for your children. Come join the SUPERHERO fun!
- 9:45 – 10:30 Kindergarten, 1-3rd Grade
- 10:45 – 11:30 4th and 5th Grades
- Picture day is on Thursday, September 21st
- Reading logs are due on Mondays, weekly goal 100 minutes
- Michigan Landforms & Michigan’s Bodies of Water social studies quiz on Tuesday.
- Spelling Pretest words come home on Mondays, spelling tests are on Friday’s
- Keep having your child practice those multiplication facts of 5’s for five minutes each day! Once those are mastered focus on 2’s and review 5’s. Daily practice will help in mastering those facts and build their multiplication fact fluency that is so important for all future mathematical learning.
- The Walkathon is coming up and is our primary fundraiser for the year and will consist of two times for different grades. The event schedule for Friday, September 22nd is as follows:
- 9:45 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Kindergarten, 1st – 3rd Grade
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: 4th and 5th Grade
- Jet’s Pizza Night on Thursday, September 14.
- Early Release on Friday, September 15. Students will be dismissed at 12:15.
Writing- True Stories
Reading- Launching Strong Reading Habits.
- Homework reading logs are due on Mondays. Our first log should be returned with parent initials and a goal of 80 minutes completed. 🙂
Spelling- Week #3 test on Friday.
- Watch for spelling pretest and word list to come home on each Monday.
Math- Multiplication and Division with 0-5, 9 & 10.
- Students should be practicing their multiples of 5 with their flash cards for 5 minutes each night for mastery. Flashcards went home last week.
Social Studies- Michigan’s Geography.
- A study sheet went home on Friday for our quiz on Tuesday.