Is it really the last week of school?? Wow! This year has gone so quickly. I can’t believe this is the final weekly update for the year. This week’s update includes lots of important information, so please take a few minutes to look over it carefully.
Field Day – Tuesday, June 6
- Please make sure your child has the following items:
- Water bottle
- Sack lunch
- If you ordered a sack lunch from food service on or before May 19, it will be delivered to the stadium.
- We will leave school just before 9:00 to walk to HHS Eagle Stadium.
- Events begin at 9:20 with the first round of tug-of-war.
- Lunch is at 11:45.
- If you are planning to pick up lunch for your child, please note that the Subway at 36th and Baldwin gets VERY busy at lunch time on this day; you will want to plan ahead.
- We arrive back at school around 2:00.
Last Day of School
- Friday, June 9 is our last day of school
- Students will be dismissed at 12:15.
- If your child has a yellow safety belt at home, please make sure it gets returned to Mr. Gort this week.
- We will be slowly but steadily been cleaning out desks and lockers. Please make sure your child is emptying his or her backpack each night to make room for the next day’s load.
- Our classroom auction will be Thursday. Please have your kids clean out those closets of any unwanted treasures they may have. Remember, another person’s trash is a 5th-graders treasure. Any donation will make the auction more successful!
- District-wide, elementary schools follow the tradition of mailing report cards out on June 16 with delivery on Monday, June 19.