- Moby Max has replaced Math Facts Pro for fact fluency. Both teachers and students find this fact fluency tool much more friendly to use. Please have your child practice their facts four times a week.
- Parent-Teacher conferences will be held March 7 – 9. A conference time reminder slip has been sent home. Please contact your teacher if your conference time needs to be rescheduled.
- Remember homework should never exceed 50 minutes total per night. Reading can be spread out throughout a week, but math should be done in a timely manner. I really take note of how much homework I assign and truly try to keep it well below the 50-minute rule. If the kids are making good use of their classroom time, homework should not be an issue. I hope this will be a quick reference for all of you. Our classroom homework expectations:
- minimum of 20 minutes of reading 5 days per week for a total of 100 minutes. (or whatever time intervals works for your family for a total of 100 minutes per week)
- minimum of 5 minutes of Moby Max fact fluency Monday-Thursday
- math Homework & Remembering Odd problems if not completed at school each school day. (refer to email)
- Study Island math homework, or Remembering even problems as assigned. (refer to daily Agenda)
- any unfinished classroom assignments, if needed
Math: We have begun Unit 6 which deals with word problems using all the skills learned from units one through five.
Social Studies: We continue to research the events leading up to the revolutionary war. The unit 5 test will be on Tuesday, February 23. Your child should bring a study guide home tonight. Here is a link for you if needed: Road to the Revolution Study Guide
ELA: We are integrating our social studies content into our informational reading and writing units.