- READING– Read 100 minutes per week. We are no longer doing homework logs.
- MATH-Study Island homework each week. Assignments are due on Friday morning.
- MATH– Moby Max for 5 minutes Monday-Thursday. If a student has mastered fact fluency they are excused from Moby Max homework. Look to see if your child is a Fabulous Fact Fluency Finisher at the picture on the right hand side of the blog.
Keep On Learning With Reading & Mobymax
Studies have shown that students can lose up to 50% of learning during the summer vacation. Georgetown is challenging you and your child to “KEEP ON LEARNING” this summer to prevent summer slide. There are two ways to record your learning time:
- Reading: Log into this form to record the number of minutes you read. You can record each day or enter the total for each week.
- MOBYMAX Math and Reading: We recommend that each child consistently uses MobyMax each week in the core areas of reading and mathematics. If interesting, you can also choose to work on other learning modules. Spending just a few minutes each day on Mobymax will help to reduce “summer slide” and keep your child’s learning skills fresh over the summer.
Our goals for students over the summer are below. Students who reach or exceed goals will be entered in a drawing for an Amazon Gift Card (1 per grade). This is for their grade next year.
If you’d like to be part of Georgetown’s challenge to “Keep On Learning” please follow the instructions below. If your child is new to the school and you would like login information, email Mrs. Reagan. email@example.com
Have a great summer…and keep on learning with READING and MOBYMAX!
- Go to www.mobymax.com/ mi1457 and enter your child’s username and password to access his or her account. Username: _________ Password: ___________
Explore placement tests, lessons and much more! Mobymax will automatically increase skill level based on your student’s performance.
We will have our second OPEN LIBRARY this Tuesday, June 28 from 10 am to 12 pm. This is open to all students… new and old…grades K-5.
While attending, please feel free to take down your JOYFUL LEARNER PHOTO. I will be adding new photos next year…so you are welcome to take the 2015-16 photo from the board.
Also, it’s time to remind everyone to keep their brains engaged in learning over the summer. I invite you to participate in MOBYMAX for 10-20 minutes per day (math fact fluency, reading and any other content that interests you). Also, if you would like to track your reading over the summer, this counts too. Simply log into this form once a week to tell me how many minutes per week you are reading. Summer learning contest ends on August 20.
All students who participate in summer learning will be entered into a drawing for an AMAZON GIFT CARD. These will be handed out during a pizza lunch with me!
Finally, Mrs. Vandenberg, our librarian, would love to have post photos of you reading over the summer. If you have a photo of your reading during vacation, send her the photo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope your summer is going well!