Keep On Learning With Reading & Mobymax
Studies have shown that students can lose up to 50% of learning during the summer vacation. Georgetown is challenging you and your child to “KEEP ON LEARNING” this summer to prevent summer slide. There are two ways to record your learning time:
- Reading: Log into this form to record the number of minutes you read. You can record each day or enter the total for each week.
- MOBYMAX Math and Reading: We recommend that each child consistently uses MobyMax each week in the core areas of reading and mathematics. If interesting, you can also choose to work on other learning modules. Spending just a few minutes each day on Mobymax will help to reduce “summer slide” and keep your child’s learning skills fresh over the summer.
Our goals for students over the summer are below. Students who reach or exceed goals will be entered in a drawing for an Amazon Gift Card (1 per grade). This is for their grade next year.
If you’d like to be part of Georgetown’s challenge to “Keep On Learning” please follow the instructions below. If your child is new to the school and you would like login information, email Mrs. Reagan. email@example.com
Have a great summer…and keep on learning with READING and MOBYMAX!
- Go to www.mobymax.com/ mi1457 and enter your child’s username and password to access his or her account. Username: _________ Password: ___________
Explore placement tests, lessons and much more! Mobymax will automatically increase skill level based on your student’s performance.
A note from Mrs. Reagan.
Have you ever heard the phrase ‘summer slide’? It refers to the loss of learning that can take place when skills are not practiced over the summer. We want everyone to keep their learning brains turned on by spending 10-50 minutes every day practicing math facts and reading. To determine the appropriate minimum number of minutes/day for your child, multiple their grade level by 10. For example, a first grader would spend a minimum of 10 minutes — 5 minutes on math and 5 minutes on reading.
Our school has a login for all students on MOBYMAX – an excellent online tool for all content areas. If your child has forgotten their password/login, email me.
On Mobymax, I recommend the following:
- Grade K: Number Sense, Alphabet, and Reading Trio
- Grade 1: Number Sense (review), Math Fact Fluency and Reading Trio
- Grade 2-5: Math Fact Fluency (keep those facts fresh) and any of the other applications on the site.
Also, if you would like to track reading minutes over the summer, this counts too. Simply log into this form once a week to tell me how many minutes per week or per month you are reading. Summer learning contest ends on August 20.
All students who participate in summer learning entered into a drawing for an AMAZON GIFT CARD.
Finally, Mrs. Vandenberg, our librarian, would love to have post photos of you reading over the summer. If you have a photo of your reading during vacation, send her the photo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope your July is going well!
Summer is here! You have worked so hard all year. Keep up that momentum by doing some summer learning using MobyMax.
Click here for more information.