- The Walkathon is this week and is our primary fundraiser for the year!! The goal is for each student to raise $30.00 to support Georgetown’s PTC. Our PTC supports many different extra school activities for your children. Come join the SUPERHERO fun!
- 9:45 – 10:30 Kindergarten, 1-3rd Grade
- 10:45 – 11:30 4th and 5th Grades
- Picture day is on Thursday, September 21st
- Reading logs are due on Mondays, weekly goal 100 minutes
- Michigan Landforms & Michigan’s Bodies of Water social studies quiz on Tuesday.
- Spelling Pretest words come home on Mondays, spelling tests are on Friday’s
- Keep having your child practice those multiplication facts of 5’s for five minutes each day! Once those are mastered focus on 2’s and review 5’s. Daily practice will help in mastering those facts and build their multiplication fact fluency that is so important for all future mathematical learning.
- The Walkathon is coming up and is our primary fundraiser for the year and will consist of two times for different grades. The event schedule for Friday, September 22nd is as follows:
- 9:45 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Kindergarten, 1st – 3rd Grade
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: 4th and 5th Grade
- Jet’s Pizza Night on Thursday, September 14.
- Early Release on Friday, September 15. Students will be dismissed at 12:15.
Writing- True Stories
Reading- Launching Strong Reading Habits.
- Homework reading logs are due on Mondays. Our first log should be returned with parent initials and a goal of 80 minutes completed. 🙂
Spelling- Week #3 test on Friday.
- Watch for spelling pretest and word list to come home on each Monday.
Math- Multiplication and Division with 0-5, 9 & 10.
- Students should be practicing their multiples of 5 with their flash cards for 5 minutes each night for mastery. Flashcards went home last week.
Social Studies- Michigan’s Geography.
- A study sheet went home on Friday for our quiz on Tuesday.
Is it really the last week of school?? Wow! This year has gone so quickly. I can’t believe this is the final weekly update for the year. This week’s update includes lots of important information, so please take a few minutes to look over it carefully.
Field Day – Tuesday, June 6
- Please make sure your child has the following items:
- Water bottle
- Sack lunch
- If you ordered a sack lunch from food service on or before May 19, it will be delivered to the stadium.
- We will leave school just before 9:00 to walk to HHS Eagle Stadium.
- Events begin at 9:20 with the first round of tug-of-war.
- Lunch is at 11:45.
- If you are planning to pick up lunch for your child, please note that the Subway at 36th and Baldwin gets VERY busy at lunch time on this day; you will want to plan ahead.
- We arrive back at school around 2:00.
Last Day of School
- Friday, June 9 is our last day of school
- Students will be dismissed at 12:15.
- If your child has a yellow safety belt at home, please make sure it gets returned to Mr. Gort this week.
- We will be slowly but steadily been cleaning out desks and lockers. Please make sure your child is emptying his or her backpack each night to make room for the next day’s load.
- Our classroom auction will be Thursday. Please have your kids clean out those closets of any unwanted treasures they may have. Remember, another person’s trash is a 5th-graders treasure. Any donation will make the auction more successful!
- District-wide, elementary schools follow the tradition of mailing report cards out on June 16 with delivery on Monday, June 19.
Our fifth-grade celebration at Craig’s Cruisers is coming up this Friday, May 26.
- We will leave school at 9:45 AM and arrive at Craig’s Cruisers Wyoming location shortly after 10:00 AM.
- Lunch at Craig’s Cruisers buffet is included for students.
- We will leave Craig’s Cruisers to return to school around 1:30 PM.
- Morning attendance numbers will be used to determine the number of paid activities. Students should report to school in the morning and ride the bus to and from Craig’s Cruisers.
- Other school groups will be at Craig’s Cruisers, so please have your child wear his or her Georgetown fifth-grade t-shirt.