- The Walkathon is this week and is our primary fundraiser for the year!! The goal is for each student to raise $30.00 to support Georgetown’s PTC. Our PTC supports many different extra school activities for your children. Come join the SUPERHERO fun!
- 9:45 – 10:30 Kindergarten, 1-3rd Grade
- 10:45 – 11:30 4th and 5th Grades
- Picture day is on Thursday, September 21st
- Reading logs are due on Mondays, weekly goal 100 minutes
- Michigan Landforms & Michigan’s Bodies of Water social studies quiz on Tuesday.
- Spelling Pretest words come home on Mondays, spelling tests are on Friday’s
- Keep having your child practice those multiplication facts of 5’s for five minutes each day! Once those are mastered focus on 2’s and review 5’s. Daily practice will help in mastering those facts and build their multiplication fact fluency that is so important for all future mathematical learning.
At Georgetown will be honoring the Constitution on Thursday, September 17. Constitution Day commemorates the formation and signing of the U.S. Constitution by thirty-nine brave people on September 17, 1787.
To celebrate this day and the honor of living in a free country, we ask everyone to wear RED, WHITE, and BLUE on Thursday.
ShoesThis week, we kick off our ONE AND ONLY SCHOOL WIDE FUNDRAISER, our ANNUAL WALK•A•THON. Your donations make it possible for us to support online reading programs, books for the library and classrooms, parent/child events, at-risk families in need of clothing items and food, support for our classroom teachers (materials/supplies) and much more.
PLEASE DONATE. Your money makes a tremendous difference in how we can support learning and family activities. Last Friday, your child brought home a yellow flyer about the WALK•A•THON. The walk-a-thon will be on Thursday Sept. 24. Wear blue and gold, or dress like a ninja, wear comfy shoes and support our wonderful school. Donations are due by Sept. 25th.