- October 10- Jet’s Pizza Night
- October 18- Early Release Friday, dismissal @ 12:15
- October 29- Turkey Trot. Please read this post for registration and details concerning this year’s Turkey Trot. Deadline to Register is October 9, 2019.
- October 29- Picture Retakes
- October 31- Halloween part from 1:15-2:00. Click here for details.
- Mrs. Chmura, Georgetown’s Art teacher, is hoping to get some donations to help her along with the schoolwide art project. Click here for details.
Reading- The kids are doing a good job of returning their reading logs on Mondays! Remember, have your child read for a total of 100 minutes each week. 🙂
Math-Five minutes of MobyMax each day Monday-Friday. After unit #2 I will open up MobyMax to Multiplication & Division for all students. Also, keep working on memorizing those facts one fact at a time.
Word Study: The kids are doing well establishing routines for grammar & spelling. This week we are working with patterns that make the long “i” sound.
Writing: We are wrapping up writing our small moment stories and will be editing and publishing later this week.
Reading: The kids are building routines, setting goals, doing comprehension checks, making predictions and partnering together to build G.R.I.T. for building their reading lives.
Math: Today we reviewed for our Unit #1 Math test. A test review came home that you can review with your child. Tomorrow we will do small group work and math games before our test on Thursday.
Beginning Friday, we will take our first multiplication quiz on 5s. Our curriculum teaches them in this order: 5s, 2s, 10s, 9s, 3s, 4s, 6s, 7s, 8s.
As your child passes each quiz, they will move to the next multiplication fact. For example, if they pass the 5s quiz on Friday, next Friday they will take the 2s quiz. If they don’t pass the 5s, they will take it again the following week. As they pass their quizzes they will be rewarded, Smile Bucks.
Another great tool is an app called, Flash to Pass. It’s free and can be downloaded on most devices. On this app, students can practice one specific grouping of facts. This is different from Moby Max because they are all mixed together.
Growth Mindset: We continue to read books and talk about how our brain works and how we can have a positive growth mindset.